From Golden Week (from April 28th), we are offering Spring Backcountry Tours.In Spring the weather is more mellow and you can enjoy some good corn snow. Or you might even have fresh powder seeing how it’s not uncommon to get new snow in April and May. Trying backcountry in the spring is a great way to get ready for winter backcountry next season. We will run tours until the first weekend of June. For those who stay at the NORTHSTAR Lodge, we are offering discounted tour packages. Also if you stay with us, you can try a backcountry tour on day one and a mountain bike tour on day two!
*Price Includes: guide fee and backcountry insurance.
**Price with lodging. Price without lodging is 10% up
- 7:00 Breakfast for those staying at NORTHSTAR
- 7:30 Meet and register at Northstar
- 8:00 Bus up to Kuraigahara Hutte (Bus fee is on your own)
- 9:00 Start the hike up from Kuraigahara Hutte 2,350 meters
- Hike & Ride
- 2:30 Return to Kuraigahara (or ride down to the ski resort)
- 2:58 Bus ride back to Norikura Kogen
- 3:30 Tour is finished